Pressure washing a driveway can bring it right back to life. Before you get started, here is what you need to know about pressure washing a driveway.
Why You Should Pressure Wash Your Driveway
Besides making your driveway prettier, here are a few key reasons to pressure wash your driveway:
- Grease: Your concrete or asphalt driveway is stained with grease and oil.
- Lifespan: You want your driveway to last for many more years and not have to be replaced.
- Appearance: You do not want your driveway to distract from your beautiful home and landscaping.
- Customers: You want to impress your customers with your attention to detail.
- Curb Appeal: You want to maintain your property value and make sure you have the same curb appeal that attracted you to the property in the first place.
Pressure washing your driveway is a great way to improve your property’s appearance and shine.
When You Should Pressure Wash Your Driveway
You know why you should pressure wash your driveway, but how do you determine when is the right time?
- Of course, when your driveway appears stained and grimy, it is time to clean it.
- Pressure washing requires a lot of water, so you do not want to wash your driveway during times water usage demand is high in your home or business. It might be a good idea to wait until your family or customers are not at home to start pressure washing.
- Heavy rain, wind, snow, and ice all wreak their own types of havoc on your driveway. Pressure wash your driveway to clean up stains from storm debris and ice melt solutions.
- If you are listing your property for sale, you might be able to add to the asking price simply by cleaning a dirty driveway.
How to Pressure Wash Your Driveway
Pressure washing is not as simple as spraying your driveway with a hose. It can be damaging and dangerous if done incorrectly, so it is important to make sure you follow these key steps:
- Follow all manufacturer instructions. Watch instructional videos and make sure you follow every step exactly as you should.
- Move vehicles, bicycles, toys, and other items away from the area you will be pressure washing.
- Place a tarp over any sensitive landscaping.
- Pick up any large debris in your driveway. Use a leaf blower to blow dry leaves and grass clippings away from the driveway.
- Make sure no one is standing between you and the reach of the hose.
- Choose a degreasing detergent that will be able to wash away stains.
- Make sure you choose the right nozzle for the project. If you are pressure washing multiple surfaces, you may need multiple nozzles.
- Test your newly developed pressure washing skills on a lesser-seen part of your driveway.
- Be careful. Safety is key.
Trust Pressure Washing to the Professionals
Pressure washing can be a challenging task. There is a lot to remember in order to complete the project safely and thoroughly. Your driveway may be more forgiving to mistakes than other parts of your home or commercial property; however, you can still do damage or face safety concerns.
Pressure washing concrete driveways is our specialty! We use professional pressure washing equipment to clean driveways and sidewalks of all sizes.
Concrete cleaning isn't always straightforward. What method you should use to clean concrete depends on the type of concrete you have.
When deciding on the best cleaning procedure, take into account stains, grease marks, and the type of surface. To clean more delicate regions, we might utilize a softwash cleaning approach.
If you would rather trust your concrete and asphalt driveway cleaning to the professionals, the team at Mobile Magic Pressure Washing is here to help. Contact us for more information about how we can bring your driveway’s shine back to life.