The New Year brings new possibilities and, often, new motivation to make a positive change. Let’s get going then!
- Save Money and Cut Down on Energy Use. If your goal is to save money, there’s no better place to start than at home. Whether you go big ( e.g. opt to go solar. There are great rental programs and tax incentives to be had!); go small (e.g. recycling, using LED lights, turning appliances off when, not in use, etc.); or go somewhere in between (e.g. installing insulation, new windows, and/or new doors), you make an investment in your home while trimming your utility bills. There will sometimes be an upfront cost, but you’ll start paying yourself back immediately.
- Eat Better and Create a Healthy Kitchen Space. Chinese? Pizza? Let’s say “no” to takeout (or at least say “no” more often!) and make your kitchen a healthy, welcoming space that becomes your new favorite restaurant.
Take a look at your pantry and cupboards, and restock with healthy options. Toss expired foods, get rid of unhealthy options (maybe have one last cheat day!), do meal prep one or two days a week, and ensure the space is multi-functional. Most families use the space to cook, eat, do homework, chat with friends over coffee. Stay organized to ensure it meets all of these purposes.
You can do it! Plus, when you make your own lunches, you can cross off “get healthier” and “save money” off your resolutions list. And when your family helps you prep dinner or just sits down to chat: there’s spending quality time with loved ones too. Win-win-win!
- Spend More Time with Family and Tackle the Home To-Do List. Don’t hog all of the home improvement projects! Let the family help. (All right; they may not be as eager as you are at first; so make it fun, and help them learn new skills.) Whether you are raking leaves, gardening, stacking firewood, planting trees, or setting up the new grill/outdoor kitchen, involve the whole family. Put on some music, make some hot cocoa, and create a lively atmosphere. Bonus: DIY is a great workout! Another resolution down!
There’s an even better idea: Mobile Magic can come to clean your driveway, siding, awnings, windows, solar panels, decks, and outdoor furniture. This will give your family some time off to go to the movies, pool, park, or binge on some quality Netflix together!
- Don’t Put Off Action! Take Some Small Steps Now. Many of us are master procrastinators! If we can put it off until tomorrow… or the next day, or the next… we will. But this can turn minor issues into major problems and/or add stress to our daily lives. So, resolve to take action and tackle manageable goals. For example:
- Organize your junk drawers. “Junk” is a misnomer. Items should have a purpose and be useful. If they’re not, throw that junk where it belongs.
- Go through your paperwork. We all accumulate a forest’s worth of paperwork from bills, notices, school reminders, etc. Go through, add them to your digital calendar, and sign up for paperless billing/notifications when it makes sense to do so.
- Assign chores for your kids. Base these on their ability/age level. For example, every day, they clear their dinner plates and load them in the dishwasher or wash them by hand. Every week, they clean up their rooms and get their laundry together.
- Set a reminder on your phone to change filters in your AC and heating units. It’s hard to remember, and this task tends to fall by the wayside. Program a simple reminder into your phone, and you’ll spend all of two minutes changing the filters. In return, you’ll get better efficiency and cleaner air.
- Call Mobile Magic. We’ll take care of all your pressure and power washing needs quickly, efficiently, and effectively so you can spend more time at the gym, meal prepping, hanging out with the kids...or napping.
- Enjoy. You work hard to ensure your home is safe, efficient, and attractive. Take some time to savor the fruits of your labor! Install a fire pit and have s’mores in the dead of winter; have a sledding/hot cocoa party, cuddle on the couch and watch a favorite movie; gather round the table and eat Sunday dinner. Just enjoy!
Mobile Magic can help free up precious time so you can work on your other New Year’s resolutions. We’ll take care of your siding, walkways, driveway, decks, etc… but you’re on your own at the gym! Contact us for more information.