Here at Mobile Magic, we will discuss the differences between pressure washing and soft washing.
What Is Pressure Washing?
Pressure washing is a highly effective method for cleaning various surfaces in the home, and unlike power washers, it does not heat the water. However, the pressure remains high enough to be dangerous.
When pressure washing home sidings, special precautions must be used. Pressure washing is used to clean surfaces such as walkways, decks, stone pathways, patio furniture, and so on. Pressure washing is great for anything that has tough stains and surfaces with deep grooves.
What Is Soft Washing?
Soft washing is done with pressure washers that have been adjusted to have reduced pressure. Soft washing is described as rinsing or cleaning with less than 500 PSI. The pressure washer tip is changed with one that widens the spray, lowering the point of pressure.
Furthermore, soft washing uses special cleaning chemicals to break down grime and organisms that live on surfaces. These cleaning solutions are environmentally friendly and will not remove protective coatings from the exterior of your home. Soft washing methods are preferable over pressure washing in a range of scenarios, including on surfaces such as
- Cedar Shake Siding
- Wood Panel Siding
- Outdoor Wood Furniture
- Screens, Enclosures, and Lanais
- Vinyl Siding
- Roof Shingles
The Difference Between Pressure Washing and Soft Washing
Soft washing is similar to pressure washing, but there are several major differences between the two. The primary distinction between soft washing and pressure washing is the temperature of the water and the PSI.
Pressure washing and soft washing use the same equipment but achieve different results. The main benefit of soft washing versus pressure washing is that it's far less likely to damage your roof tiles or siding.
Signs Your Home Needs to Be Pressure Washed
Here are some common signs that you need to pressure wash your home:
- Discolored Roof: Over time, algae can result in streaks or discoloration on your roof, which can cause serious damage. Depending on the depth of the damage, repairing it can cost substantially more than simply having your roof professionally cleaned a few times a year.
- Stained Walkways and Driveways
- Stained Deck
- Overflowing Gutters: Gutter cleaning is frequently neglected, but it's important. When your gutters are clogged and overflowing, water cannot drain from your roof. Pressure washing can remove clogs, and regular gutter cleaning can keep them from getting worse.
- Higher Energy Bill Than Average: The buildup on the outside of your home can impact how well temperatures are maintained, requiring your furnace, heat pump, or gas fireplace to work more to keep your home comfortable.
A dirty house is more than just an inconvenience. It can raise your energy costs while also increasing the danger of floods and water damage. Consider hiring a professional house cleaning service if your home is showing signs of wear.
Should I Hire a Professional Pressure Washing Company?
When it comes to improving the appearance of your home or removing grime after a storm, nothing beats pressure washing your siding and roof. While you may be tempted to do it yourself, have you considered hiring a professional pressure washing company?
Here are a few reasons why you should choose a professional pressure washing company:
- Improve Curb Appeal
- Thorough Cleaning
- Safer Option
- Save Money
- Experience and Professionalism
Professional Pressure Washing Service
Whether you don't have the time or energy to clean your house yourself, or you want a professional pressure washing, Mobile Magic can help. We have been serving the Asheville area for over 20 years and are dedicated to providing excellence in everything we do.
We provide either soft or pressure washing services in Asheville, NC, and we can work with you to decide which services would be best for your property. For more information, contact us today. We are here to help.